Subject: Re: X and programming queries
To: None <martin.tee@argonet.co.uk>
From: Kim G. S. \yhus <kim@iq.pvv.ntnu.no>
List: port-arm32
Date: 03/31/1998 13:05:56
> 2) What's the recommended directory structure for X. I seem to
>    have /usr/X11R6.3 but some applications assume /usr/X11. Is
>    this the default for x programming too?

Yeah, it sure is a chaos. My solution is to have one real
directory, say X11R6.3, and lots of links to it:
X11R6.1
X11R6
X11R5
X11R4
X11
x11

This constructed ambiguity does its job for all cases, so far.
The frustration is that information and time is used to construct
a mechanism for removing information. (Remember that multiple
alternatives increase the amount of data, but decreses the amount
of information)

Kim0