Subject: Re: Test kernels
From: William Gallafent <William.Gallafent@comlab.ox.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 03/30/1998 19:37:56
On Sun, 22 Mar 1998, Mark Brinicombe wrote:

> Hi,
>   Ok there are some new kernels available online in the directory
>
> ftp://ftp.ph.kcl.ac.uk:/pub/acorn/RiscPC/kernels/

OK, I've been using the Riscpc-current one, and am pleased to see that it
now recognises an ATAPI zip drive and assigns it to device sd0. However,
how do I mount a disc in the drive ... I've tried various combinations of
things, eg mount -t msdos /dev/sd0a /mnt ... but I get things about
incorrect partition type, that sort of thing.

Can someone tell me exactly what I should try, and then I'll know if it's
my fault or some problem with the ATAPI code (I suspect the former!)

Cheers,

Bill