Subject: Findings with new kernels
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: S.J. Borrill <sjb42@cus.cam.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 03/29/1998 14:35:18
With the current kernels, my CD-ROM drive (an NEC  4x4 251) is detected,
but the kernel panics when it comes to attaching the EtherH card:
panic: bs_notimpl_rm_1
  trace gives _ne2000_readmem, _ne2000_detect and _ne2000_attach working
downwards.

With the test kernels, the CD-ROM is not detected, but the EtherH is
attached correctly. However, the probing of the ide buses (both wdc0 and
rapide0) is incredibly slow.

Also, strangely, I've done a couple of installations of 1.3 now from the
same sets. On one machine the compiler works fine, but on the other it
page faults (gets sent a signal 11). The same comp.tgz file (from
ftp.netbsd.org) was used for both installations. I thought maybe during
some installing I'd overwritten a library or something, but reinstalling
the comp.tgz set didn't help.

Otherwise, I'm very pleased with the way it's all gone and I'm amazed at
the stability of Xarm33.

Stephen Borrill