Subject: xterm termcap and reboot
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tony Houghton <tonyh@tcp.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 03/22/1998 00:01:20
I'm having problems with termcap under X. Some programs are complaining
that they can't find a termcap entry, irc-II can't find one "for
network" and gives up (but it works on the console), joe says something
that doesn't stay put long enough to read because it carries on OK.

I tried adding some line to /usr/X11R6.3/lib/X11/app-defaults/XTerm as
suggested by the termcap man page, but it didn't seem to take effect
when I restarted X. It began with *term and ended : xterm but I can't
remember exactly what it was because I'm now in RISC OS and according to
UnixFS I never edited that file! Maybe that's connected with the 2nd
problem:

reboot usually now freezes just before the end of the 5..4..3..2..1 bit.
It started happening after I compiled a kernel from current as of 14
March. I got some compile errors for an ether driver so I changed the
config so it only contained drivers I really need (no SCSI, ether or 3rd
party IDE).

But as this is after the sync's it shouldn't have affected that file I
supposedly edited.

--
                    \  http://homepages.tcp.co.uk/~tonyh/