Subject: Re: Installing sets
To: Marc Warne <marc@alphapro.demon.co.uk>
From: Mark Brinicombe <mark@causality.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 03/21/1998 21:43:05
On Fri, 20 Mar 1998, Marc Warne wrote:

> Anyone know why I /have/ to unplug my ICS IDE device (IDEFS v.3.21,
> podule v.6) in order to run RiscBSD?
Yep ... The v6 card has the same ID as the v5 card so the v5 driver will
attach itself to the card. However they are significantly different. The
v5 used memc space while the v6 only uses fast space. As a result the v5
driver would access the v6 card in memc space and never get an bus
acknowledgement and thus hang the machine.
A new driver that supports bother the v5 and v6 cards is being tested and
should be in -current shortly. I will also be putting up some test kernels
prior to that for folks to try.

Cheers,
				Mark