Subject: ..lots of segmentation faults.
To: RiscBSD <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: M.J. Olleson <M.J.Olleson@ncl.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 03/19/1998 11:11:24
Sorry if this is an obvious question, as I've still finding my feet with
RiscBSD a little bit...

I am getting a lot of segmentation faults (can't find page or something
similar) with almost anything I run at present. stuff running under X is
usually very flakey- as is the X server, but GCC also suffers when
building some files - as a result I am finding it difficult to build
anything.

At present, I got 12 + 1 Mb of memory on my system, and a swap file of
about 32Mb in anticipation of getting another 32Mb of ram. It is my
suspision that processes are using just too much virtual memory - its
hammering my harddisc....

Can anyone give advice as to solution to these problems? I will be
getting the extra memory anyway. Will this clear it up to some extent?

Thanks in advance, Mark