Subject: Re: Simtec IDE interface
To: None <C.A.Stephens@exeter.ac.uk>
From: Mark Brinicombe <mark@causality.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 03/14/1998 15:48:15
On Sat, 14 Mar 1998 C.A.Stephens@exeter.ac.uk wrote:

> I have seen in several places that the Simtec IDE interface is supported. I
> have obtained what appears to be the latest voyager kernel from the ftp site.
> However the kernel fails to pick up the partition on the harddrive. It does
> though recognise that the card is installed.
>
> Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong ?
The simtec IDE interface works fine. I have one in my machine here with a
CDROM and ZIP drive attached.
Which kernel are you using ? Is this a 1.2 variation, a 1.3_ALPHA or a 1.3
release kernel ? There was a problem with some of the older 1.2 kernels
where the driver would report a cable fault though this has been fixed.

You say it recognises the card is installed. Does it recognise and report
the IDE drives attached ?

Cheers,
				Mark