Subject: Re: Zip drives & RiscBSD. Was Re: Linux for RPC?
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Oli <ssu97opc@reading.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 03/12/1998 15:01:29
On Wed, 11 Mar 1998, Mark Brinicombe wrote:

> On Wed, 11 Mar 1998, William Gallafent wrote:
>
> > Hmmm, speaking of which, I'm still playing around with my ATAPI zip
> > drive, which currently resides on the internal interface. In the
> > bootup messages it is recognised, but doesn't get assigned to a device
> > - it says something like 'type 1 removable - not configured'.
> >
> > Is this because there's not yet enough ATAPI support in NetBSD (1.3
> > Release), or do I need to do something to makedev?
> Ok the 1.3 release did not have the ATAPI attachment to the sd device.
> NetBSD-current does have it though.
>
> Cheers,
> 				Mark

I had the same problem with my ATAPI cd drive (I only just solved it and
got the RiscBSD sets installed last night).  I solved it using a method
outlined in the riscBSD FAQ - I cant remember the actual commands, but
it's under "Can I use my ATAPI cd rom drive with riscBSD ?" and the
solution basicly configures the device.

Cheers.

| ** |  |

Neccessity is the mother of being arsed