Subject: Zip drives & RiscBSD. Was Re: Linux for RPC?
To: <>
From: William Gallafent <william.gallafent@comlab.ox.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 03/11/1998 18:48:41
In article <6e61aj$32p@dax.unn.ac.uk>, Coltman Timothy
<URL:mailto:laz3@dax.unn.ac.uk> wrote:
> : Is RiscBSD fussy about SCSI cards?
>
> Nope. I think it supports virtually every card around apart from the
> really ancient ones. I use the Powertec SCSI-2 and it works fine,
> apart  from the fact I can't get it to read from my Zip disc (but
> that's my  fault as I can't figure out which 'mount' option to use
> :-((

There'll probably be a 'msdos' in there somewhere?

Hmm, It also supports RapIDE (but not CDROMs on RapIDE, as far as I
can work out).

Hmmm, speaking of which, I'm still playing around with my ATAPI zip
drive, which currently resides on the internal interface. In the
bootup messages it is recognised, but doesn't get assigned to a device
- it says something like 'type 1 removable - not configured'.

Is this because there's not yet enough ATAPI support in NetBSD (1.3
Release), or do I need to do something to makedev?

(Makes note: less 'Hmmmmm's in future...)

Bill Gallafent