Subject: Re: KDE
To: J M Oldak <cszjmo@scs.leeds.ac.uk>
From: Miles Sabin <miles@mistral.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 03/06/1998 18:48:07
At 03:45 pm 6/3/98 +0000, J M Oldak wrote:
>Miles wrote:
>
>> If you're happy with KDE beta2/Qt 1.31 then build the stuff using the
>> NetBSD package system. It makes building and installing as simple as,
>>
>> 	cd /usr/pkgsrc/x11/kde
>> 	make
>> 	make install
>
>...which is all well and good if my NetBSD computer were on the internet.
>Unfortunately it aint, so I guess I'll download the source from
>www.kde.org and compile it 'normally'...

Actually, no, you don't need a permanent connection. F'rinstance, my NetBSD
machine is on a dialup.

All you have to do is fetch the tars mentioned in
/usr/pkgsrc/<whatever>/Makefile by hand, and stick them in
/usr/pkgsrc/distfiles. Then you make && make install, and you'll have a
nicely NetBSD patched binary, installed in a NetBSD friendly place.

Cheers,

Miles