Subject: EtherM bug
From: Peter Berg <Peter.Berg@ww.tu-freiberg.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 03/05/1998 12:15:20
Hi,

now I have fitted a EtherM card into my RiscPC. If the card works, it works
very well, but:

after *each* power down reset the kernel crashes at the etherM initialisation
stage with

em0 at podulebus0 [ netslot 0 ]
em0: Ethernet address 00:00:a4:10:ba:2b
em0: 16KB buffer memory, jabber, UTP
Fault with intr_depth > 0
Data abort: "Translation fault (page)' status = 007 address = f018b000 PC =
f01265b4
Instruction @Vf01265b4 = e52d0004
Stopped at _Debugger+0x10 ldmdb r11, { r11, r13, r15 }
db>

This means I have everytime I want boot RiscBSD to do a power down reset with
a hold down DEL key, reconfigure the whole RiscOS and boot RiscBSD from
RiscOS, or I have to remove the EtherM card completely from my machine.

Both are no satisfieing solutions.
(BTW: the probe function reports UTP, but I have only BNC connected)

Is there already a bugfix for this, or can I reinitialize the card on RiscOS
side without a power-down-DEL-key somehow ?

Ciao, Peter.