Subject: Re: Problem with printer OKI 6e
To: RiscBSD <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Neil Bingham <neil@binghams.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 03/04/1998 20:59:32
In <URL:news:Local.RiscBSD> on Wed 04 Mar, Neil A. Carson wrote:
> Peter Teichmann wrote:
>
> > But there is a very strange problem. If I boot RiscBSD and the printer is
> > switched on, RiscBSD stops booting with an error, and tells me theat the
> > system is to be considered very unstable.
>
> That's wierd. Some people have reported parallel problems in the past,
> but we've tried three printers and have been unable to reproduce the
> problem.
>
> Can you type trace at the debug prompt, and send the output?

I had exactly the same problem.  When setting up my BSD partition printing
was tested using an Olivetti inkjet of some sort, and when I tried to use my
normal printer it reports the same symptoms as above.  This was an Epson
Stylus Colour II.  I am running the Voyager alpha kernel.

Neil.

--
Neil Bingham.
              StrongHelp manuals for Acorn C/C++ And The Toolbox