Subject: Problem with printer OKI 6e
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Peter Teichmann <sol@Space.WH1.TU-Dresden.De>
List: port-arm32
Date: 03/04/1998 14:07:54
Hi there,

some time ago I bought an OKI 6e (cheap 600dpi laser printer).
Now I also wanted to use it with RiscBSD (and Ghostview, via HP
emulation). I still have the old RiscBSD 1.2 (kernel sa-xxxx or
voyager-xxxx)

But there is a very strange problem. If I boot RiscBSD and the printer is
switched on, RiscBSD stops booting with an error, and tells me theat the
system is to be considered very unstable.

If I first boot, and then switch on the printer, RiscBSD completely hangs,
and does not do anything.

(the printer is connected to the parallel port)

Does anyone have an idea what could be the problem?

Thanks in advance,
Peter Teichmann