Subject: Re: building gcc 2.8.0
To: paul <pwain@nc.com>
From: Neil A. Carson <neil@causality.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/28/1998 21:25:03
--------------3CAADF42E939138019B2322B

paul wrote:

> Mark (Brini.)  was muttering something about the 1st stage compiler
> building but anything built with the second stage compiler crashing so Im
> guessing that things still need to be finished.
>
> Guess its partially our fault at NCI for keeping dragging him off to
> California :)
>
> Paul.

Indeed :-) though I don't think he minds!

I've successfully build egcs for ARM NetBSD and it works fine; gcc 2.8.1
(I think) is also reported to work fine with NetBSD. We're going to look
at moving our toolchain over sometime in the future, provided all the
pic etc works. At the moment it's not a priority though.

	Neil
--------------3CAADF42E939138019B2322B

begin:          vcard
fn:             Neil A. Carson