Subject: New console - optimisation
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Robert Black <r.black@ic.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/23/1998 18:09:41
There is a new console on the monet.me.ic.ac.uk ftp site:

/pub/vide/vide1150.8bpp-only.semi-accel.gz

This is an 8bpp-only console with a slightly optimised renderer. Given that I
have yet to touch the main font rendering routines I am slightly surprised
about the increase in usability. If you try to use the console in 1bpp or 16bpp
it will break because the optimised code doesn't check the mode yet.

Apart from this the only publically visible bug fix is that shutting down X no
longer sets both background and foreground colours of console messages black.

Cheers

Rob