Subject: Re: dhcp
To: Patrick Welche <prlw1@cam.ac.uk>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@pa.dec.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/20/1998 09:26:06
> All I did was carry on the build without gdb to completion and *error*
> installed the world without keeping copies of the old binaries. This
> was all using the comp set from ftp.ph.kcl.ac.uk. Maybe someone could
> check my method, as I don't see what to do differently next time
> around:

At the very least, I'd suggest avoiding src/lib/csu, and
src/gnu/usr.bin/ld as well.

The linker and csu code from NetBSD 1.3/-current fall over on the
arm32 as well.  (They're close, just the shared linker needs a couple
of hacks to work, and that in turn causes the csu code to need a
couple of hacks...  The csu and ld code in the snapshot of source I
mentioned works, but may not play well 1.3.)

# mount /dev/wd1a /
[hangs]

I don't know why this would happen, unfortunately.  Sounds like you
did all the standard stuff, like building and booting a new kernel
before you built the world.

cgd