Subject: Re: Toolchain
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tony Houghton <tonyh@tcp.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/17/1998 18:21:35
In message <Pine.SGI.3.95L.980217113317.8126A-100000@tower.york.ac.uk>
          Chris Gilbert <cg110@york.ac.uk> wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Feb 1998, Tony Houghton wrote:
>
> > Have you managed to build a kernel too? I'm wondering if I need some
> > libraries from the 1.3a comp set to get hold of those missing symbols.
>
> Perhaps I've gone mad, but I thought that the kernel's were
> self-contained, ie the dir /usr/src/sys/lib/ contains all the functions
> that the kernel needs, it should compile with the option -nostdinc ...

I think I saw -nostdinc among the numerous options being passed to the
compiler. However, the missing symbols (at least assert_wait, so I
assume it's the same for the others) are not defined anywhere in the
source AFAICT so I assumed that as other people say they can compile
this, they must be pulled in from elsewhere.

--
                    \  http://homepages.tcp.co.uk/~tonyh/