Subject: Re: Compiling the kernel
To: <>
From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha@arm.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/16/1998 13:05:55
> > gdb says exactly the same thing ;)
> >
> > # gdb
> > Undefined instruction 0xeca0420c @ 0x00006a20 in process gdb (pid 18)
> > LDC/STC
> > stc     p2, c4, [r0], #0x030!
> > Illegal instruction - core dumped
> >

> That's a SFMFD (store floating point multiple) instruction.  Do you have
> the ARMFPE enabled in your kernel configuration?  If not, then that would
> probably explain why this is failing.

Well, nearly.  Actually it is
      0x00000000: 0xeca0420c  .B.. : >  sfm      f4,4,[r0],#0x30

Now the strange thing about this is that the compiler never emits an SFM
with anything other than SP as the base register (and it always uses it in
the SFMFD form, and only then when told to generate FP issue 3
instructions), so I've no idea how you come to be executing such an
instruction, unless it is a bit of hand-written assembler somewhere.

Richard.