Subject: Re: Compiling the kernel
To: Tony Houghton <tonyh@tcp.co.uk>
From: Chris Gilbert <cg110@york.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/16/1998 11:08:42
On Mon, 16 Feb 1998, Tony Houghton wrote:

> I downloaded config.tar.gz, share.tar.gz [1] and sys.tar.gz from
> NetBSD-current/tar_files/src/ and built and installed the former two
> before following the (somewhat oudated) kernel configuration guide from
> the RiscBSD site to build the kernel.

Most of the guide for kernel building is ok, other than what options exist
(although it's along time since I looked at it)

> [1] Although I don't quite see what the share set has to do with
> compiling the kernel.

The share bit is more likely to be needed if you needed to build a new
make binary as it contains the .mk files, I remember a while back needing
a new make so that I could make the new config...

Chris