Subject: Re: Compiler Symbols (Re: Compiling the kernel)
To: paul <pwain@nc.com>
From: David Brownlee <abs@NetBSD.ORG>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/16/1998 02:03:05
On Mon, 16 Feb 1998, paul wrote:

> From pwain@nc.com Mon Feb 16 01:20:37 1998
>
> > You should not use C Shell script. It is considered harmful,
> > and the UNIX Power Tools contains an article from the Net that
> > explains in detail why.

	I think a copy of the source for the article would be at:

		http://www.mono.org/abs/csh.html

	Personally - I use tcsh as a login shell, and script in sh or
	perl as necessary. If you are admining a system you need to
	know sh scripting to work on the startup scripts.

	Most simple scripts can be written in both. There are some
	facilities that you just have to go from csh into sh for,
	though for any reasonable sized script perl is so much more
	capable than either :)

		David/absolute

   \ The only reason most people are not out to get you is that /
    \  most of them are too stupid to work out where you live. /