Subject: Re: Compiling the kernel
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tony Houghton <tonyh@tcp.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/16/1998 00:33:49
In message <34E75751.794BDF32@causality.com>
          "Neil A. Carson" <neil@causality.com> wrote:

> Actually no---NetBSD current does seem to build fine on arm32 after
> all...

Not for me it doesn't. I downloaded mine on 11 Feb. Earlier today I
noticed one dated 14 Feb. I don't suppose I hapened to pick on a version
that wouldn't compile?

Basically I followed some advice I was given:

I downloaded config.tar.gz, share.tar.gz [1] and sys.tar.gz from
NetBSD-current/tar_files/src/ and built and installed the former two
before following the (somewhat oudated) kernel configuration guide from
the RiscBSD site to build the kernel.

So what have I done wrong?

[1] Although I don't quite see what the share set has to do with
compiling the kernel.

--
                    \  http://homepages.tcp.co.uk/~tonyh/