Subject: Re: New C++ patch
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Markus Baeurle <emw4maba@gp.fht-esslingen.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/16/1998 01:36:59
Hi,

sorry for the late answer but I didn't follow the mailinglist during exams.

In message <34CB7736.59E2B600@causality.com>
          "Neil A. Carson" <neil@causality.com> wrote:

> >  ld -e start -dc -dp /usr/lib/crt0.o -L/usr/libexec /var/tmp/cc00231a1.o -
lg++ -lstdc++ -lm -lgcc -lc -lgcc
> > /var/tmp/cc00231a1.o: Undefined symbol `_setw__Fi' referenced from text
> > segment
> > /var/tmp/cc00231a1.o: Undefined symbol `_setiosflags__FUl' referenced
> > from text segment
> >
> > I applied the two older patches some time ago and then the latest patch
> > you mentioned above.
>
> Hmm if I compile with gcc I get this but if I compile with g++ it works
> fine...

Strange. This was not my mistake, I get the errors above when I compile with
g++ -v -Wall studver.cpp.
If I use gcc, I get even more "Undefined symbol" errors for cout, endl and the
like.

> > I'd really appreciate if it was checked in. I don't get working kernels
> > with the most recent csc.o (posted to this mailinglist in December
> > IIRC).
>
> Mark can you upload a copy of the driver somewhere? It wont be checked
> in till Scott's done the rework, I don't think. Scott?

I can only repeat my sentence above. I want to do something about the Cumana
driver and for this I need the source code. I haven't been able to compile a
kernel since I moved to 1.3 which is a bit annoying as I need to adjust my
monitor (which has no memory for these settings) for the mode compiled into
the standard kernel.

Even more important, Robert Harvey, who wrote the RiscOS code for the Cumana
card, wants to look at the source code.
Forgive my ignorance, but why can't the current state of the driver be checked
in even if it is planned to replace it in the future?

Hoping somethings will happen,

Markus