Subject: Re: Compiling the kernel
To: Tony Houghton <tonyh@tcp.co.uk>
From: Neil A. Carson <neil@causality.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/15/1998 19:57:38
Tony Houghton wrote:

> After not receiving the usual prompt help I get from asking things on
> this list I thought I'd try to get to the bottom of things myself so I
> had a look for one of the missing symbols:
>
> find /usr/src/sys -name '*.c' -exec grep _assert_wait {} \;
>
> It churned away, but instead of printing matches it just occasionally
> spewed out a mangled version of the above command and messages about
> find's syntax.
>
> [A little later]

You maybe typed in the command syntax wrongly; the line aobve worked
fine on my system, and it's been up a while now:

earth# uptime
7:55PM  up 9 days, 22:23, 2 users, load averages: 1.26, 0.58, 0.32
earth#

Almost ten days in fact, and it's been pretty well thrashed during this
period. And previously I turned it off only because I was changing the
disc :-)

The main 1.3 source tree seems to have a problem building on the arm32
because of the recent changes introducing Chuck's new VM system, UVM.
We're committed to fixing this as one of the things to do over the
coming week, when we're landed and unpacked.

	N.