Subject: Re: Installed!
To: None <William.Gallafent@comlab.ox.ac.uk>
From: John Lagrue <jdl@cableol.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/13/1998 21:47:02
In message <Pine.GSO.3.95q.980213192604.3069A-100000@msc7.comlab>
          William Gallafent <William.Gallafent@comlab.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

> On Fri, 13 Feb 1998 Tony.Engeham@net-tel.co.uk wrote:
>

> > > Well, after finding a mysterious link (use 'reserved' according to the
> > > manual) which made my CD drive work, I have successfully installed the
> > > 1.3alpha release.  The process was almost completely painless, and all
> > > seems well so far, apart from one thing .... the mouse doesn't work under
> > > X!

Well done!

Being one of the folks that uses the ICS IDEFS one my discs I can't get close
to starting to install yet. I'm eagerly awaiting further info on what we
might be able to do about it.

> Now I have to go and buy a Unix book that tells me how to be a system
> administrator. I thought O'Reilly was probably the best place to look.
> Anyone have any favourites?

Hmmm. I've been a sysadmin on Sun workstations for 10 years and I've never
bought a book about it :-) Read the man pages and check out the Unix USENET
groups.

> (Also, once I have a faster modem, I'll download the release
> distribution...)
>
> My next step is to sort out all the basic config things, and then get pppd
> set up to dial up and log in to my provider. Oce I've done that I can
> actually use it for something!

It would be nice :-)

JDL
--
John Lagrue
Web technician for Studio2 and general Internet nut

http://studio2.oaktree.co.uk

Slam a revolving door today!