Subject: Re: Compiling, -fpic, shared libraries, gdb, etc.
From: J M Oldak <cszjmo@scs.leeds.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/13/1998 12:21:28
[big snip]

> Since I suppose I am not the only one in this situation, could anybody please
> enlighten us?

Hopefully!

I've not been paying much attention to this group for a while as I didn't
have my computer at my house for a month or so. However, now I have it
back and want to try and get some stuff working. So, what's the current
state of play re. compilers? Where is the latest version and what can
I/can't I do with it?

I'm running 1.3a BTW, do I hear a rumour that a non-alpha version is
around somewhere?

Also - while I'm here, has anyone got Nedit working properly under 1.3a?
One I compiled seems to work OK until I press ctrl-S to save a file and it
just core dumps on me... Alternatively, can anyone recommend another
decent editor. I tried xemacs, but I thought 35MB was a bit on the
excessive side for a text editor and removed it! ;)

Cheers guys!

Joe
 __
 _|) "My imagination is a wild and untamed thing"  - Steve Hodgson
(_|