Subject: Re: Netscape
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Peter Naulls <pnaulls@usa.net>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/10/1998 08:55:03
> > There are a number of issues here but basically the source that is being
> > released, being that the Java engine is missing (which also removes
JavaScript,
> > and a whole load of other stuff - mail has some interdependancies for
> > example...).
>
> Well, but wouldn't it be possible to use any other Java engine like
> kaffee or guavac? I always thought Java is platform independent ;)

guavac is a compiler, not a VM :)  Which, Incidentally I'm trying to
compile under RiscBSD along with Chockcino.  Kaffe is a much bloatware
as JDK (IMHO) *grin*.

Yes, Java is platform independent, but that certainly doesn't mean that
any given VM will be!

--
| Peter Naulls                            | Acorn Risc PC 700  *ARM Powered*  |