Subject: Re: Netscape
To: Neil A. Carson <neil@causality.com>
From: Jasper Wallace <jasper@ivision.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/10/1998 09:30:11
On Mon, 9 Feb 1998, Neil A. Carson wrote:

> Jasper Wallace wrote:
> >
> > Now that netscape is releasing netscape for free, (and later releaseing the
> > source code). Is there anything stopping the arm32 version of netscape
> > appearing on an ftp site somewhere? ;-)
>
> Dunnow. Try asking Netscape, and maybe Paul Wain would like to comment
> here? I've given up trying to get through to them...

Well here at argo we can just distribute netscape and no-one cares (this is
with the new licensing conditions). I think it's fair to say that there is
now _nothing_ from netscapes point of view stopping you putting it on an
ftp site. Of course if someone else paid you to do the port etc... then you
may not be able to.

(and as always it is eaiser to seek forgiveness than permission, especially
if netscape can't be bothered to talk to you.)

--
    They were so ignorant! Young men and women, educated very carefully to
be apolitical, to be technicians who thought they disliked politics, making