Subject: Re: Netscape
To: None <jscharrl@BA-Stuttgart.De>
From: paul <pwain@nc.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/10/1998 00:43:06
--------------AF01F7244BA1C051BED86EA0

Whilst I agree that that the JVM is platform independant, what are the chances that
the APIs to the various JVMs is consistant across platforms let alone the different
platforms the various 'free' JVM's run on (we have to consider non-NetBSD platforms
in that case)? Then we run into the various low level differences between
Motif/non-Motif implementations of AWT et al....  been there, done that, got the
tshirt, got the coffee mug (Mark, Neil - care to comment on the mug (inside joke!) :)

Paul

Jochen Scharrlach wrote:

> Well, but wouldn't it be possible to use any other Java engine like
> kaffee or guavac? I always thought Java is platform independent ;)
>
> Bye,
> Jochen
>
> --
>                       ------------------------------------
>                       EMail:   jscharrl@ba-stuttgart.de
>                          or:   acorn1@ftp.uni-stuttgart.de
>                       ------------------------------------

--------------AF01F7244BA1C051BED86EA0

begin:          vcard
fn:             Paul Wain
n:              Wain;Paul
org:            Network Computer Inc.
adr:            1000 Bridge Parkway;;;Redwood City;CA;94065;USA
email;internet: pwain@nc.com
title:          OS Development Engr.
tel;work:       +1 650 631 4628
tel;fax:        +1 650 631 4680