Subject: Re: Booting problems with I-cubed ethernet card
To: Mike Pumford <mpumford@black-star.demon.co.uk>
From: Patrick Welche <prlw1@cam.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/09/1998 13:18:00
Mike Pumford wrote:

> On Thu, 5 Feb 1998, Patrick Welche wrote:
>
> > Speaking of which, what should be done with output such as
> >
> > EHDEBUG: Remote 16 wasn't finished : spl level 6
> > EHDEBUG: SetReg done: status 18 : type 16
> > EHDEBUG: COM_WRITE : About to SetReg ( EH_DATA_PORT, dummy );
> > ehstart: failed to load packet
> >
> This is fairly typical output from the original EtherH driver. Try the
> test driver if you have a 1.3alpha system. You can download it from
>
> http://www.black-star.demon.co.uk/files/newehtest2.gz

On booting with it:

netslot0 at podulebus0 : I-Cubed : etherlan 600A network slot
  interface : Acorn Risc PC/A7000 inverface \M-) i-cubed ltd, EtherLan
  600A (00:
ne0 at podulebus0 [ netslot 0 ]:
desc =Acorn Risc PC/A7000 interface \M-) i-cubed ltd, EtherLan 600A (00:
ne2000_writemem: failed to complete
ne0: NE2000 Ethernet
ne2000_writemem: failed to complete
ne0: Ethernet address 00:00:a4:10:2d:8e
ne0: MCRB = 0x46
ne0: MCRB = 0x40
ne0: MCRB = 0xa8
ne0: Using 10Base2

But it works!

Brief test: ftp'ing base.tgz (13164315 bytes) from
ftp.de.netbsd.org/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.3/binary/sets
took
eh0: 233.49 seconds
ne0: 160.98 seconds
as reported by ftp, downloaded one after the other with just rebooting
time in between => assume roughly same network load.

Thanks Mike,

Patrick