Subject: Re: How to build shared libs ? (was: Problems compiling)
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Sergio Monesi <msergio@tin.it>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/08/1998 11:21:34
In message <34DCDBE0.1F183874@nc.com>
          paul <pwain@nc.com> wrote:

> 1) Compile up all your source files with '-fpic' (-fPIC will not work!)
> 2) link them together with:
>
>         ld -Bshareable -o libfoo.so.1.1 <object files>

This is exactly what I did (although the standard makefile also added -DPIC
to gcc, not that this seemed to make any difference, though) but the
resulting library didn't seem to work since all the programs linked with it
crashed immediately with a segmentation fault.

I used the compiler from the 1.3alpha distribution of RiscBSD since the
compiler of the NetBSD/arm32 distribution didn't work at all (as reported
recently by Tony Houghton too).

Any idea?

Sergio

--
Sergio Monesi...         \ . . . \  Cracking RC5-64 with a StrongARM RiscPC
mailto:msergio@tin.it     \ . . . \  http://www.distributed.net/