Subject: More 1.3 release queries (was Re: Boot floppy images for 1.3)
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tony Houghton <tonyh@tcp.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/07/1998 19:41:58
In message <E0y1EoV-0002dx-00@taurus.cus.cam.ac.uk>
          prlw1@cam.ac.uk (Patrick Welche) wrote:

> Tony Houghton wrote:
> >
> > I can't find boot floppy files for 1.3 (inst13.fs) on the FTP sites. Is
> > it OK to use the ones for 1.2?
>
> In fact you don't need one anymore - use a RPCINST (or whatever the
> big kernel is called) - it will have a root file system built in.

So I see, thanks :-). The sets for 1.3 release on ftp.netbsd.org are a
bit sparse though aren't they, and it's a shame there are no .set files
so you have to use Extract instead of the automated installer.

Should I use 1.3a sets from ftp.ph.kcl.ac.uk for those that are missing
from 1.3? In particular there are no config or kernels sets for 1.3
release. Using the 1.3a version of config looks fine, it's all scripts,
but what about kernels? Is that no longer needed?

--
                    \  http://homepages.tcp.co.uk/~tonyh/