Subject: How to build shared libs ? (was: Problems compiling)
From: None <Peter.Berg@ww.tu-freiberg.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/07/1998 10:49:18
> Finally, I went back to something easier and compiled xsysstats. It com=
piles
> and it does work using the 'standard' gcc flags but if I try "-fpic -DP=
IC" or
> "-fPIC" it seems to suffer from the same problems as the Lesstif progra=
ms
> (Segmentation fault)... is -fpic working? =

> ld sometimes reports some "RSS relocation of text" (or something like t=
hat, I

This (I guess) happens if you link static and dynamic libs together to a =

program. I found this too, but if you read the messages carefully you'll =
see =

that always something like

'ld: ./libgFX.a(resize.o): RRS text relocation at 0x2e90 for "___sF"'

is reported, isn't it ?

But this now points me to another problem: How do I build a shared lib ?
The linux style way doesn't seem to work:

cc -s -shared -Wl,-soname,libgFX.so.0 -o libgFX.so.0 $(LOBJS)

it aborts with

ld: libgFX.so.0: No such file or directory
*** Error code 1

Any ideas ?

-- =

| Peter Berg		email: Peter.Berg@ww.tu-freiberg.de          |