Subject: Re: Still unable to install RiscBSD1.3a (RapIDE/ATAPI problems)
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Peter Naulls <pnaulls@usa.net>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/05/1998 10:05:45
> [Note to yellowstone: It may be that my problem with partitions could be
> solved if the ATAFS were to check each bootblock it comes across, and only
> try to assign RiscOS drives to those which were actually RiscOS
> bootblocks, rather than finding the RiscBSD bootblock and trying to act on
> it, which is what is seems to do at the moment.]
>
> I now have to run bb_riscbsd (not doing so results in the install kernel
> not being able to find the filesystems, or something - it throws up huge
> quantities of errors at the stage when it tries to copy stuff into /usr),
> and this is where the problem lies. From now on, when I reboot the
> machine, I get a 'disc not found' error from the filing system, and am
> dumped back into the desktop without access to my hard drives. To get them

Sorry.. it's a bug with the RapIDE drivers - a number of people have the
same problem.   The problem is in fact what you've said in the first
paragraph - it's to do with the way that partition headers (or whatever)
are handled.

Solution: annoy yellowstone

--
| Peter Naulls                            | Acorn Risc PC 700  *ARM Powered*  |