Subject: Monitor files etc
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tony Houghton <tonyh@tcp.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/28/1998 20:48:13
Is there a way to get the console to boot up in a decent mode from my
own modefile instead of the hardwired one? At the moment it starts up in
a 69Hz mode (not present in my MDF) instead of the 75Hz one I want. If I
want X to be usable without giving me a horrible headache I have to
execute a setdisplay before starting it.

I see the console still suffers from that bizarre bug where all the text
gets corrupted if you try to use an 800x600 mode (and the best frame
rate available is 60Hz :-(). I think 800x600 would be preferable to
1024x768 for the console even on a 17" monitor. I was forced to use
640x480 on my old 14" monitor, because 1024x768 was too much of an
eyestrain.

--
                    \  http://homepages.tcp.co.uk/~tonyh/