Subject: X for new console
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Robert Black <r.black@ic.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/28/1998 17:06:14
There is a new Xarm in the /pub/vide directory on monet.me.ic.ac.uk. Don't
bother downloading it yet. It is designed for use with the new console but
there is no suitable kernel online (I only had one spare floppy this morning).
A kernel which supports it will appear either tomorrow or Friday and will be
numbered greater than 1112.

Please note that the new console kernels and Xarm are sticky-backed-plastic and
string affairs which have had little by way of QA and should be treated as
alpha releases. That said, I hope they are at least as stable as the old
console/Xarm combination.

Xarm (#34 onwards) now also incorporates console version control so with a bit
of luck it should whinge at you in a meaningful manner if you run it on top of
the wrong kernel.

Cheers

Rob