Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.3 arm32 problems
To: Kim G. S. yhus <kim@pvv.ntnu.no>
From: Chris Gilbert <cg110@york.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/23/1998 16:40:29
On Fri, 23 Jan 1998, Kim G. S. yhus wrote:

[ snip things I don't know the answer to]

> INSTALL GUIDE
>
> Headlines to mark passages would be nice.
>
> And why is there so much fuss about CD-ROM, FLOPPY, TAPE, and NET
> installation? I would guess that most people get the sets with
> modem, and thus it would be easiest to use UnixFS to transfer
> the sets. Floppies are pure torture.

I'd think most people buy the CD or in the case of students use a zip
drive (then unixfs) or floppies to get the files.

> Besides, the install guide is big and confusing.
> What has become of the guide Kjetil B. Thomassen wrote?

It's still around but it's not been updated for 1.3.  Most of what it says
is still valid I think, or certainly the preperation of the drives and use
of bb_riscbsd

> I am currently booting, but have problems with /etc/rc.conf
> and multiuser boot.

try going into single user doing mount -a, and then looking for a line in
/etc/rc.conf that reads:
rc_configured=NO
and changing it to YES, seems to be a new feature of 1.3
to check you've looked through the file and set thing that you want.

Thanks,
Chris