Subject: BSD-1.3 kernel hangs
To: ARM32 <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Sebastian Maus <maus@iphcip1.physik.uni-mainz.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/22/1998 20:40:21
 Hi there!

Today I tried to install NetBSD-1.3/arm32 on my RiscPC system. I have no
experience with BSD so far.
I prepared the bootblock for installation (though there is no obvious
possibility to check the results of this program) and started the kernel
(RPCINST).
This gives a long list of messages until this one comes onto the screen:

cosc0 at podulebus0 [ podule 1 ]: AM53CF94 termpwr on byte=01 hostid=7
			polling dmabuf V0xf2989000 P0x10394000
scsibus0 at cosc0: 8 targets

Then the system hangs. After some keypresses the 'xxx'-lock keys don't
respond anymore (no change in LED status).
What's wrong? What can I do to get beyond this point? Is there a kind of
root disc for installation?

Thank you in advance for your aid,
             -Sebastian-
--
sMail: Sebastian Maus    Lennebergstrasse 5    55124 Mainz
eMail: Sebastian.Maus@rz.tu-ilmenau.de   Acorn RiscPC user