Subject: Re: Audio driver questions...
To: None <cg110@york.ac.uk>
From: Kim G. S. \yhus <kim@pvv.ntnu.no>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/21/1998 19:11:51
> > Again about the sound problem : I don't know if my question was clear or
> > not, but I was talking about producing sound WITHOUT any 16-bits card,
>
> It was clear, very clear ;)
> But the answer is again: you can not produce more then a beep at all with
> riscbsd :((

I wrote a 16 bit sound generator for the old Archimedes sound system.
!HiFiArch. It had NICAM like sound quality, which is significantly
better than the original system.

So, if some people want lots of extra work, implementing a 16-bit sound
emulator as a part of the kernel, so that sound works on machines
without 16-bit sound cards, be my guest, and use my source.

However, personally I rather recommend buying a new sound-card.

Kim0