Subject: Re: corrupted set config.tar.gz
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Harold P. Beumer <hbeumer@hacom.nl>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/18/1998 20:22:22
In message <27946ba48%tonyh@tonyh.tcp.co.uk> "Tony Houghton" wrote:

> In message <2ae661a48%hbeumer@hpb.hacom.nl>
>           "Harold P. Beumer" <hbeumer@hacom.nl> wrote:
>
> > I've just downloaded the 1.3 alpha version of NetBSD/arm32 from the
> > RiscBSD FTP site and installed it on my RiscPC.
> >
> > During installation I noticed that the set config.tar.gz is corrupt.
> > All other sets are OK.
> >
> > Can someone please upload a good version of this set to the FTP site?
>
> It worked OK for me when I downloaded it a few weeks ago. Have you tried
> downloading it again, making sure you're not getting a cached copy? Some
> browsers (mentioning no Frescos) make you go through an extraordinary
> palaver to bypass the cahce for a binary.

I've downloaded the config.tar.gz set several times from different
sites and networks, but it is really corrupt. Appr. 3 files can be
extracted from this set during installation, but installation fails
when it tries to extract the file /usr/local/sbin/inst.

Should the configuration tool "rcm" also be in this config set?
I don't seem to have this tool anywhere (not in /usr/local/sbin
or anywhere else).