Subject: Problems installing RiscBSD
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Artex Software <artexsoft@aol.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/13/1998 17:35:19
Hi folks!

At first I have to say that I have no clue about Unix and I wanted to
get started with RiscBSD. But the first problems occured when I tried
to install it.

Can anyone help me getting RiscBSD running?

I have a RiscPC with an 200MHz StrongArm, 32MB Ram, 2,1 GB IDE and
3,2 GB SCSI (with SCSI-Connect) and 1MB VRam.

The IDE-Harddisk is formated to 1045MB and I woud like to install
RiscBSD
to that HD.

Everytime I try to install it, RiscBSD quits with the following
output:

> Labeling disk wd0 ... wd0
> disklabel: NetBSD partition found at 0x0020a909
> disklabel: unknown disktype: mywd
> done.
> Initializing root filesystem and mounting
> newfs: /dev/rwd0a: :Device not configured
> ffs: /dev/wd0a on /mnt :Device not configured
>
> Populating filesystem with bootstrapping binaries (...)
> uid0 on /: filesystem full
>
> /: write failed, filesystem is full
> tar: couldn't write to file bin/cat :No space left on device
> uid0 /: file system full

I prepared my HD with bb_riscbsd and I configured the installer as
good as I could do according to the docs.

I got RiscBSD from the Developer CD-Rom from Acorn.

Cheers

--
Dominik Heide
DHeide@bigfoot.com