Subject: SimCity like Game (console & X11)
To: None <rbsd@Kyra.FutureGroove.de>
From: Peter Berg <root@Kyra.FutureGroove.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/03/1998 22:11:35
Hi folks,

this will now be the last game for the riscbsd console from me for some
months, because I have no longer time to do some libmultimedia development.
I fixed some bugs and improved the compatibility again, so a few more
svgalib programs should work now. If all the linux specific stuff is
removed, they should work fine with the API.

I uploaded a new (and this time a playable ;) game (lincity.*) onto

	http://www.ww.tu-freiberg.de/~pberg/Files/svgalib

It is a mixture of simcity and civilisation which runs in 640x480x256. There
are two executables included in the archiv:

	xlincity	X11 version
	lincity		RiscBSD console version

There is still one (and I hope the only) bug in libmultimedia:

If the flashing cursor (left screenside) reaches the bottom of the screen,
the kernel flips the videoram away and you'll not get it back :((
So make shure you save your game before the cursor reaches the bottom line.

BUGFIX: the mousehandler bug is removed (versions > 0.6.895), you will no
longer have to reboot your system after the usage of libmultimedia programs
if you want start X11 :)))

And (once again): until someone but me adds support for all those NCs
riscbsd has been ported to, no games will work on them :>

Please be so fair, and let the author of the game know that you use it.

Have fun !

Ciao, Peter.

PS: abuse compiles too, but due to a bug (I guess) in the builtin lisp
interpreter I cannot get it working :((