Subject: Re: libmultimedia/SVGAlib API news
To: Neil A. Carson <neil@causality.com>
From: Peter Berg <root@Kyra.FutureGroove.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/28/1997 19:18:35
> Peter Berg wrote:
> >
> > hi folks,
> >
> > after some days of hard work I finaly increased the compatibility of the
> > SVGAlib API to a point, where I got the first console game working :))
> >
> > I also got some `eyecandys` working, which also have been written for
> > svgalib/linux.
> >
> > The game is called thrust and can be downloaded from
> >

> Ow, it won't work on my Shark console :-(

Thats not surprising to me :>>
The lib uses the /dev/vidcvideo0 device (I guess) the same way the xservers
up to Xarm-27 do. So if their binaries work, the libmultimedia binaries will
do it too.

But if someone will add support for a shark board, I can release the source
to him. It's pretty easy, because all functions are called by function
pointers.

Ciao, Peter.