Subject: X-help required please.
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Simon Young <simon.young@argonet.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/23/1997 20:06:56
Thanks in advance to all those who tolerate silly newbie questions:-

I've just installed RiscBSD 1.3_Alpha and installed <all> of the distribution
sets from the CD:  I have two problems:

1) The "configure" program spoken of in the "install notes" does not seem to
exist - OK I can edit /etc/rc.conf directly, but how do I go about deciding on
sensible variables ?  I have a stand-alone RPC which I only (usually) connect
to the internet via a modem (Argnoet account) for e-mail etc., so naturally I
know nearly nothing about addresses etc.

2) When I try starting X with the startx command all seems well for a few
seconds but then X halts with the error "no available ptys" from, say login.

Please help a silly newbie,

Thanks in advance for your assistance,

Simon. xx

PS. Merry Christmas, all.

--
|__||__)/ __/  \|\ ||_   |   / Simon A. Young  BPharm MRPharmS
|  ||  \\__/\__/| \||__  |  /  RiscPC 202MHz StrongARM power
___________________________/   simon.young@argonet.co.uk

Rigden's Law - when given a 50% chance, always allow time for 2 tries.