Subject: ATAPI/EIDE removable drives
To: <>
From: William Gallafent <william.gallafent@comlab.ox.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/21/1997 19:19:21
I will soon be purchasing, for backup purposes, a smallish capacity
internal removable drive for use in my SA RiscPC, under both RiscOS
3.70 and RiscBSD 1.3a.

The two which spring to mind are the zip drive (100Mb) and the a:
drive (120Mb), both of which retail at around 80 ukp. My question is,
will the ATAPI/EIDE versions of these drives work under either or both
operating systems, via either the internal or the Yellowstone RapIDE
interfaces?

I'm loathe to buy a SCSI zip drive since the price is rather higher,
and the Parallel port version is rather slower, and external, whereas
I want an internal drive.

So, zip or a:, and will I have a chance with ATAPI/EIDE?

TIA for any advice!

--
Bill Gallafent