Subject: Re: Compilation Problems
From: J M Oldak <cszjmo@scs.leeds.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/12/1997 14:20:13
On Thu, 11 Dec 1997, Mark Brinicombe wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Dec 1997, J M Oldak wrote:
>
> > I could try it with static, but I don't think I have a static Xpm library
> > on my system...
>
> You could try just linker with the one static library and keeping the
> others dynamic. If you have both static and dynamic versions of a library
> in your path and you want one particular lib to be static you can do that
> with something link
>
> cc -o test test.o -Wl,-Bstatic -lXm -Wl,-Bdynamic -lXt -lX11 -lXext \
> -lXpm -lSM -lICE

Ahhh - great! I never knew you could do that. I thought it was all one or
the other.

BTW - I've left LessTif compiling (albeit rather slowly) under 1.2G at
home - so that might work under 1.3 (?). If it does - I can email the
libraries to anyone who is interested...

Cheers

Joe
 __
 _|) "My imagination is a wild and untamed thing"  - Steve Hodgson
(_|