Subject: more about su, more about g++, and then a bit more about LessTif , too...
From: J M Oldak <cszjmo@scs.leeds.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/10/1997 11:47:44
Hi:

Since installing 1.3 alpha, the command su has refused to let me switch to
root :(

I have put the usernames I want to be able to su to root with in the
/etc/group file (or whatever) as it says in the man file, but it just says
"sorry" whenever I try it... :( Has anything else changed between 1.2-1.3
that I don't know about?

Another (marginally more important) thing, this time about g++ and static
libraries. I got the recently updated library files from the Causality
site, which seems to fix some programs (eg. xosview) - but when I compile
my project (written in bog standard ANSI C++) it still core dumps with a
bad system call when compiled with the shared libraries...

..ok - so I lied about LessTif. I'll come back to that later when I've had
another go at it! :)

Joe
 __
 _|) "My imagination is a wild and untamed thing"  - Steve Hodgson
(_|