Subject: Kernel Compiling and other problems
To: Net BSD Port ARM32 <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: A.S.MCGough <riscbsd@court4.ncl.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/10/1997 00:01:36
Ok, I must be doing something wrong but all recent attempts to compile
kernels has failed. I have 1.3A installed from the ftp site and have
supped down the latest current and arm32 sources. I am trying to compile
the RISCPC config (just to try and get anything compiled). The following
commands are issued

config RISCPC
cd ../compile/RISCPC
make depend
make

The compilation gets as far as compiling disassem.c and stops with the
following error:

In file included from ../../../../arch/arm32/arm32/disassem.c:54:
../../../../arch/arm32/arm32/disassem.h:43: argument format specified for
non-function `di_printf'
*** Error code 1

Stop.

By my reconing di_printf is a function so is this a mistake or is the
compiler going wrong. Any suggestions would be greatly recieved.

The reason I need to compile a new kernel is due to my CD-ROM drive - I've
mentioned before that it seems to crash out the system at boot time at the
point when the ide chain is being probed. The only current solution is to
physically disconnect the drive before booting to riscbsd. I can't
remember who at acorn world (mark?) said that he thought this was fixed
but if not to inform him. The drive is the standard 2 speed ide atapi
drive that acorn shipped some  two years ago - make and model are unknown
but I could provide them if needed (or after the next power down).

I also seem to be getting excessive network errors from my etherH card.
These are of the format

Dec 10 00:00:12 mercer /netbsd: eh: no carrier
Dec 10 00:00:12 mercer /netbsd: eh: Interrupt not serviced
Dec 10 00:00:12 mercer /netbsd: eh: Receive Error: packet received intact
(this should happen)

When transfering large files - These are of the ratio of ~100 errors per
meg of data transfered. (This caused extremely large log files when
installing over NFS!). The computer is on a private network with only one
other computer, thus this should not be affected by other factors.

thanks.

steve..