Subject: Re: 2 Stupid newbie questions
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Robert J. Munro <robert@cauzality.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/08/1997 10:48:31
Thanks for the answers to the previous questions. I have fixed su, but I
have a new problem with X.

If I try to Log on to the X windows login screen, I just get a few messages
in the console box, and then I get dumped back at the login. I think I may
need to create an .x<something> script in my home directory, but I am not
sure, and I don't know what to put in it. I would guess that it needs a
command to start a window manager, and an xterm or other window to be
getting on with.

Also, what are the files .xsm<number>ab (There are 7 different 5 digit
numbers in the range 00220 to 00259) and also what is xsm.core? Can I
delete them?

Thanks very much,

Robert Munro
--