Subject: Boot-time errors/warnings
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tony Houghton <tonyh@tcp.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/07/1997 23:30:23
Although 1.3a now seems to be up and running on my machine, it gives a
few strange messages when booting:

savecore : /netbsd : nlist : No such file or directory
savecore : /netbsd : _dumpdev not in namelist

Then a bit later on:

kvm_mkdb : /netdsb : No such file or directory
chmod : /dev/tty[pqrs]* : No such file or directory

No doubt the second is caused by the last, but the 3rd is a bit
strange, because I have got the kernel installed and am booting from it
natively.

As for the last message, I see my /dev directory contains nothing but a
directory "fd" and scripts "MAKEDEV" and "MAKEDEV.local". Should I run
the scripts?

--
                    \  http://homepages.tcp.co.uk/~tonyh/