Subject: UnixFS
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dave Daniels <Davedan@arcade.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/06/1997 10:16:01
  PB> It would be very nice if it would be possible to use UnixFS
  PB> (=FFS) as a alternative filesystem on the RiscOS side too.

I have thought this about UnixFS too, but I think that it would
require quite a lot of development. I find that it is all too easy
to hang my RiscPC if I try to use it, plus it uses memory in the
RMA by the megabyte. In my experience, it frequently corrupt files
when moving them from the Unix paritition to RISC OS. Then, as you
point out, you cannot delete files. I think it is meant to provide
a transfer method, not be a complete filing system. Having said
that, though, is anybody working on it or are there any plans to
upgrade it?

Dave
--
    ___  ___  ___  ___  ___  ___   | Free Internet E-mail and Anti-UCE News |
|  /   \/   \/   \/   \/   \/   \  | +44 181 654 2212 also +44 181 655 4412 |